|Seed7 Release 2013-12-08 firstname.lastname@example.org (2013-12-09)|
|Date:||Mon, 9 Dec 2013 01:15:50 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||10 Dec 2013 01:01:25 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20131208.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Explanations how Seed7 compares to Java and about an elegant way
to initialize data have been added to the FAQ.
- The functions pipe2, pty, startProcess and getSearchPath have been
moved from shell.s7i to the new library process.s7i.
- The function commandPath has been added to process.s7i.
- Under Windows removeFile can trigger an error, when an executable
is removed shortly after it was executed. It was not possible to
correct this failure of Windows in the Seed7 runtime library. To
avoid the Windows error the program chk_all.sd7 has been improved
to catch the raised exception.
- The pictures execute_pic, seed7_include_pic, seed7_source_pic,
clear_pic and save_as_pic have been added to pic16.s7i and
- In pic16.s7i and pic32.s7i the pictures exit_pic, load_pic and
save_pic have been improved.
- The function cmdPty in cmd_unx.c has been improved to free memory
- The function cmdPipe2 in cmd_win.c has been improved to open stdin
and stdout in text mode.
- The function filInputReady in fil_unx.c and fil_win.c has been
improved to return TRUE after a hang up respectively a broken
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.