|Seed7 Release 2013-11-10 email@example.com (2013-11-10)|
|Date:||Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:54:27 -0800 (PST)|
|Injection-Date:||Sun, 10 Nov 2013 18:54:27 +0000|
|Posted-Date:||10 Nov 2013 14:41:59 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20131110.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Compiler and runtime library have been improved to work on Sparc
64-bit machines under OpenBSD. Thanks go to Brian Callahan, for
his support and for providing access to his Sparc 64-bit machine.
- The FAQ explanation concerning portability has been improved.
- The new library cc_conf.s7i has been added. This library manages
configuration values for C compiler and runtime.
- The compiler has been improved to use the library cc_conf.s7i.
- The chapter about the defines used in version.h has been improved
- The type rtlGenerictype has been renamed to generictype in the
files of the runtime library. Now compiler and runtime library
both use the name generictype.
- The function checkForLimitedStringLiteralLength, a check for
trigraph sequences and checks for the presence of getrlimit()
and siglongjmp() have been added to chkccomp.c.
- The function setupStack has been added to cmd_rtl.c. This function
tries to raise the stack limit to STACK_SIZE.
- Usages of USE_SIGSETJMP have been renamed to HAS_SIGSETJMP.
- The table key_code has been improved in kbd_inf.c and kbd_poll.c.
Now the erase char of the terminal interface (VERASE) is always
returned as backspace (KEY_BS respectively '\8\'). This improves
the behavior under Cygwin.
- The function utf8_init has been changed in kbd_inf.c and
kbd_poll.c to assume UTF-8 mode when no locale environment
variable is set.
- The function msgDigest in msgdigest.s7i has been changed to use
- The function configValue has been moved from osfiles.s7i to
- The macro REALLOC_STRI_SIZE_SMALLER has been added to heaputl.h.
Several usages of REALLOC_STRI_SIZE_OK in the runtime library have
been changed to usages of REALLOC_STRI_SIZE_SMALLER.
- The compiler has been improved to initialize boolean and
enumeration elements of structs with the values value.boolvalue
respectively value.enumvalue. This is necessary to work correctly
on big-endian systems.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
ACT_EQ and ACT_NE.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.