Re: Applications using Lex/Flex & Yacc/Bison

Timothy Knox <tdk@thelbane.com>
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:12:08 -0800

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Applications using Lex/Flex & Yacc/Bison parthaspanda2005@yahoo.com (Partha S Panda) (2013-11-07)
Re: Applications using Lex/Flex & Yacc/Bison tdk@thelbane.com (Timothy Knox) (2013-11-08)
Re: Applications using Lex/Flex & Yacc/Bison DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2013-11-09)
Re: Applications using Lex/Flex & Yacc/Bison acolvin@efunct.com (mac) (2013-11-13)
Re: Applications using Lex/Flex & Yacc/Bison tero.koskinen@iki.fi (Tero Koskinen) (2013-12-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Timothy Knox <tdk@thelbane.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 14:12:08 -0800
Posted-Date: 10 Nov 2013 09:14:57 EST

Somewhere on Shadow Earth, at Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 11:40:54PM -0800, Partha S Panda wrote:
> I am trying to figure out hardware or software applications other then
> compiler-related that utilize yacc/bison and lex/flex respectively.
>
> This will help me register the range of these tools.

At my last gig, we used flex for teasing apart browser user agent
strings, for determining client capabilities.

--
Timothy Knox <mailto:tdk@thelbane.com>

I like to say that in the old days, if you reinvented the wheel,
you would get your wrist slapped for not reading. But nowadays
people are reinventing the flat tire. I'd personally be happy if
they reinvented the wheel, because at least we'd be moving forward.
        -- Alan Kay