|Seed7 Release 2013-09-08 email@example.com (2013-09-08)|
|Date:||Sun, 8 Sep 2013 11:46:58 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||09 Sep 2013 21:29:46 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20130908.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The compiler has been improved to use charvalue instead of
intvalue, when characters are initialized. Thanks go to Brian
Callahan, for reporting the bug. Btw.: Brian Callahan created an
openBSD port for Seed7.
- The makefile mk_freebsd.mk has been added to support compilation
under freeBSD. Thanks go to Pietro Cerutti, for providing it.
- The makefiles mk_clang.mak and mk_freebsd.mk have been improved
to use the options -ffunction-sections, -fdata-sections and
- The functions bStriLe2BigInt, bytesLe2BigInt, bStriBe2BigInt,
bytesBe2BigInt, bStriLe, bytesLe, bStriBe and bytesBe have been
added to bytedata.s7i. This functions convert between sequences
of bytes and bigInteger numbers.
- In bytedata.s7i the functions bytesLeAsInt and bytesBeAsInt have
been renamed to bytesLe2Int respectively bytesBe2Int.
- Parameter names have been added to seed7_05.s7i, graph_file.s7i,
graph.s7i, reference.s7i, pac.sd7, tetg.sd7, tet.sd7 and wiz.sd7.
- Checks for the Karatsuba multiplication and the functions bytesBe,
bytesLe, bytesBe2BigInt and bytesLe2BigInt have been added to
- Checks for set membership in character sets have been added to
- The readability of the bitset initialisation in the compiler (s7c)
has been improved.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the new
actions BIG_FROM_BSTRI_BE, BIG_FROM_BSTRI_LE, BIG_TO_BSTRI_BE and
- The functions bigFromBytesBe, bigFromBytesLe, bigFromBStriBe,
bigFromBStriLe, bigToBStriBe and bigToBStriLe have been added to
both, big_gmp.c and big_rtl.c.
- In big_gmp.c and big_rtl.c the function bigImport has been
rewritten to use bigFromBytesBe.
- The readability of the function uint2_mult in int_rtl.c has been
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to check for a ones
complement inttype and if casting can be used to get the element
of a union.
- Several makefiles have been adjusted to use 'cp -p' instead of
'cp -a'. The cp command openBSD does not support -a.
- The function bigRand in big_rtl.c has been improved to avoid that
a random number is outside the required range.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.