|Compiler positions available for week ending June 9 email@example.com (comp.compilers) (2002-06-09)|
|Compiler positions available for week ending June 9 firstname.lastname@example.org (comp.compilers) (2013-06-09)|
|Compiler positions available for week ending June 9 email@example.com (1996-06-09)|
|Date:||9 Jun 2013 10:14:38 -0000|
|Posted-Date:||09 Jun 2013 21:23:12 EDT|
This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From: Ricardo Anguiano <email@example.com>
Subject: GNU compiler experts wanted at Mentor Graphics (worldwide)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:39:59 -0700
About the Job
Work with world-class team of compiler experts on a variety of
open-source toolchain projects in the Embedded Software Division of
Ricardo Anguiano, Mentor Graphics
This position can be located at any location worldwide, either at
a Mentor office or as a remote worker.
* Port the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and related tools (including
the GNU Binary Utilities and the GNU Debugger) to new processors.
* Develop Statements of Work and schedule estimates from customer
* Contribute improvements to the official Free Software Foundation
* As part of the Tools Services team, work with others to develop
improvements to GCC and related tools to support new architectures, to
generate superior code, and to add support for new processors.
* Work with Mentor sales force to gather customer requirements for
engineering projects and develop project proposals and estimates.
* Correct defects in the GNU Compiler Collection reported by customers
and discovered through internal testing.6) Coaching of team members to
resolve issues and remove roadblocks
Required Knowledge & Experience
* Academic and/or industrial experience developing real-world
compilers (whether GCC or otherwise) and related tools. Knowledge of
computer science related to compilers including topics such as
parsers, abstract syntax trees, control-flow and data-flow graphs, and
static single assignment (SSA) form.
* Experience developing Statements of Work and estimating project
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
* A proven track record of GCC development.
* Previous contribution to any open-source project.
* An ability to collaborate effectively, and largely by electronic
means, with a software engineering team distributed around the globe.
* A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent) is
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics is a leader in electronic design automation software.
We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and
more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help
engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds
of board and chip design.
About Mentor Embedded
Mentor Embedded enables development for a variety of applications
including automotive, industrial, smart energy, medical devices, and
consumer electronics. Developers can create systems with commercially
supported and customizable Linux based solutions including Sourcery
CodeBench and Mentor Embedded Linux. For real-time control systems
developers can take advantage of the low power capable Nucleus RTOS.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.