|Seed7 Release 2013-05-19 email@example.com (2013-05-19)|
|Date:||Sun, 19 May 2013 14:54:38 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Date:||Sun, 19 May 2013 21:54:38 +0000|
|Posted-Date:||19 May 2013 21:49:28 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20130519.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The support for K&R C has been removed. Now an ANSI C compiler is
required to compile Seed7. For many years all officially supported
C compilers have been ANSI C compilers.
- The manual chapters describing rational, bigRational and the
functions min and max have been improved.
- The functions min and max have been added to bigint.s7i, bigrat.s7i
- Addition and subtraction operators in rational.s7i and bigrat.s7i
have been improved to reduce the result.
- The parse operator in bigrat.s7i has been improved to process
negative rational literals correctly.
- The function round in bigrat.s7i has been fixed.
- Documentation comments in boolean.s7i, float.s7i and integer.s7i
have been improved.
- A standard bitmap font, with capital height of 8, has been defined
in the new library stdfont8.s7i.
- Definitions of min and max have been removed from dnafight.sd7 and
- The example program ftp7.sd7 has been improved to allow linewise
editing with history.
- The code generation for the actions HSH_CPY and HSH_IDX in the
compiler has been improved.
- In arrlib.c, hshlib.c, arr_rtl.c and hsh_rtl.c several functions,
which enlarge an array, have been improved to avoid overflows. This
overflows could happen when the array size or the new maximum index
- Definitions of the macros inLongRange, castToLong, inTimeTRange,
arrayIndex, bitsetSize, bitsetSize2 and bitsetIndex have been added
- Functions in setlib.c and set_rtl.c have been improved to use the
macros bitsetSize, bitsetSize2 and bitsetIndex.
- Functions in drw_x11.c and drw_win.c have been improved to check
for range violations and to cast parameters.
- The functions to draw an image (drwImage, drw_image, drwRtlImage)
in drw_dos.c, drw_win.c, drw_x11.c, drw_rtl.c and drwlib.c have
been improved to use image data with int32type elements.
- The function socInputReady in soc_rtl.c has been improved to take
the seconds and microsecond parameter into account.
- In tim_rtl.c the functions timFromTimestamp, timFromIntTimestamp,
timToTimestamp and timSetLocalTZ have been improved.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.