|Seed7 Release 2012-12-12 email@example.com (2012-12-12)|
|Date:||Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:49:32 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||14 Dec 2012 10:02:39 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20121212.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The Seed7 compiler was renamed. The new name of the Seed7 compiler
- Manual, FAQ, read_me files and several example programs were
updated to use the new name of the Seed7 compiler (s7c).
- A description of ltrim and rtrim and some links were added to the
- The library make.s7i and the example program make7.sd7 were
improved to execute make commands with predefined macros.
- The library makedata.s7i was improved to support dependencies
which contain a space.
- The library make.s7i was improved to support the command cp -a.
- A variant of the function popen, with the parameters 'command' and
'parameters', was added to shell.s7i.
- An explanation, why & and <& are defined for string concatenation,
was added to the FAQ.
- The program tar7.sd7 was improved to accept also DOS paths for all
- Documentation comments were added to progs.s7i and reference.s7i.
- The files drw_win.c, drw_x11.c and gkb_x11.c were improved to
exit a program when the close button (X) is pressed.
- The functions refFile, refLine, refParams and refSetParams in
ref_data.c were improved to raise RANGE_ERROR, when they are
called with NULL.
- The function ref_params in reflib.c was improved to call refParams.
- The makefiles were improved such that 'make s7c' generates an
executable of the Seed7 compiler.
- The makefile mk_mingc.mak, which supports the compilation of the
self extracting version of Seed7, was improved.
- The support for the unused action REF_NAME was removed.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.