|Seed7 Release 2012-11-25 email@example.com (2012-11-25)|
|Date:||Sun, 25 Nov 2012 14:15:25 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||28 Nov 2012 10:22:27 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20121125.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The makefiles and the file setpaths.c were improved to accept the
macros S7_LIB_DIR (Directory with static Seed7 object libraries)
and SEED7_LIBRARY (Directory with the Seed7 include libraries).
Now the build process of a package can call make e.g. with:
make S7_LIB_DIR=/abc/seed7/bin SEED7_LIBRARY=/abc/seed7/lib depend
This way the two paths are defined in version.h. This defines them
as default paths in the interpreter executable and in the compiler.
- An explanation, what a binary Seed7 package should install, was
added to the FAQ. This can be used as guideline for Seed7 packages.
- The description of the times-operator in the manual and in
array.s7i was improved.
- A description of the function name(PROGRAM), file(PROGRAM) and
'environment' was added to the manual.
- The new library environment.s7i was added. Most of the contents of
this library was extracted from "seed7_05.sd7". The new library is
included from "seed7_05.s7i", so no change in existing programs is
- A documentation comment for getSearchPath was added to shell.s7i.
- The functions ltrim and rtrim were added to the library string.s7i.
- Testcases for ltrim and rtrim were added to chkstr.sd7.
- The function getProgramName in arr_rtl.c was improved to do the
comparison with EXECUTABLE_FILE_EXTENSION correctly.
- The program tar7.sd7 was improved to accept also DOS paths for the
file specified with -f.
- The function homeDir was improved to work with DJGPP (either $HOME
or C:\ is used).
- The function prc_cpy in prclib.c was improved.
- The files executl.c, hshlib.c, ref_data.c, reflib.c and sctlib.c
were improved to copy the descriptor union with memcpy and to copy
the posinfo flag with SET_ANY_FLAG, when necessary.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.