|Seed7 Release 2012-10-21 firstname.lastname@example.org (2012-10-21)|
|Date:||Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:04:11 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||21 Oct 2012 18:13:52 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20121021.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The library vecfont10.s7i, which defines the standard vector font
with capital height 10, was added. Now mahjong.sd7 and shisen.sd7
- The programs mahjong.sd7, pairs.sd7, shisen.sd7 and sokoban.sd7
were improved to fit into a screen with a resolution of 1024 x 768.
- The library make.s7i was improved: The parsing of command
parameters (used by the Unix version of the echo command), was
improved. The processing of pattern rules was improved (The rule
with the shortest stem value is used, when several rules match).
- Functions to read a makefile were moved from make.s7i to the new
- The reading of makefiles was improved: The processing of the gmake
directives 'ifeq' and 'ifneq' was improved to allow else clauses.
The processing of the nmake directive 'if' was added. Merging of
dependencies for rules with the same target was improved.
- The parse function for time values (library time.s7i) was improved
to allow fractions of a second.
- The functions getSubNodes and getContent and a for-loop for xmlNode
values were defined in the library xmldom.s7i.
- The compiler was improved to initialize bstring literals correctly,
when pointers are 64-bit and integers are 32-bit.
- The font libraries cronos16.s7i, cronos27.s7i, modern27.s7i and
vecfont18.s7i were improved to include vectorfont.s7i.
- The font libraries stdfont10.s7i, stdfont12.s7i, stdfont14.s7i,
stdfont16.s7i, stdfont18.s7i, stdfont20.s7i and stdfont24.s7i were
improved to include bitmapfont.s7i.
- The program dnafight.sd7 was improved to limit the speed of the
- The program make7.sd7 was improved to recognize the options
correctly. Additionally make7 inherits also all improvements of
makedata.s7i and make.s7i.
- The program ftp7.sd7 was improved to accept the option -?.
- The graphic libraries drw_x11.c and drw_win.c were improved to draw
the background of maximized windows with the color of the last
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.