|Seed7 Release 2012-10-07 email@example.com (2012-10-07)|
|Date:||Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:43:22 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||07 Oct 2012 19:17:22 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20121007.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- An error message, that could occur when the Seed7 interpreter is
compiled, is explained in the FAQ and to 'src/read_me.txt'.
- A description of the for-step-statement was added to the manual.
- The library make.s7i was improved. Now makefile dependencies can
contain colons (:) and equal signs (=). The parameters of the echo
command are parsed better now. Calls of the function callOwnProgram
are also avoided now. This way the library works correctly, when it
is used by programs other than make7.sd7.
- The library tar.s7i was improved to set the file mode, when an
archive is extracted.
- Testcases for a variant of the @:= operator, which copies a string
to another, were added to the program chkstr.sd7.
- Interpreter and compiler were improved to support the situation,
when source and destination of the @:= operator (action STR_POSCPY)
- The compiler was improved to support the action ITF_DESTR.
- The compiler was improved, to call C compiler and linker with
specific options, such that unneeded functions are ommited (when
the linker and executable file format support this feature).
- The compiler was improved to remove debug symbols, unless called
with -g (some makefiles now define LINKER_OPT_NO_DEBUG_INFO).
- The function name(PROGRAM) was improved, to return the program name
without following symbolic links.
- The function path(PROGRAM) was improved, to follow symbolic links
(see function followLink in cmd_rtl.c). Consequently dir(PROGRAM)
also follows symbolic links.
- The function CommandLineToArgvW in cmd_win.c was improved.
- The files itf_rtl.c and itf_rtl.h, which contain interface
functions, were added.
- The makefile mk_mingc.mak was added to support compilation of the
self extracting version of Seed7.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.