|Seed7 Release 2012-09-09 firstname.lastname@example.org (2012-09-09)|
|Date:||Sun, 9 Sep 2012 11:58:41 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||09 Sep 2012 15:03:53 EDT|
HelloI have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20120909.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapters about predefined statements and the foreign function
interface in the manual, were improved.
- An explanation, why the div operator is used for integer divisions,
was added to the FAQ.
- The FAQ about garbage collection was improved.
- Links to EBNF syntax descriptions and exceptions were added to the
HTML version of the manual.
- EBNF syntax descriptions in the manual were improved.
- Interpreter and compiler were improved to support the actions
CMD_ENVIRONMENT and CMD_GET_SEARCH_PATH.
- The library shell.s7i was improved to define the functions
getSearchPath and environment.
- The function path(PROGRAM) was improved to return the accurate
value under all circumstances.
- Several preprocessor defines were moved from "common.h to the new
include file "config.h".
- In cmdlib.c the function toArraytype() was introduced and used in
cmd_environment() and cmd_getSearchPath().
- In cmd_rtl.c the functions add_stri_to_array() and
complete_stri_array() were introduced and used in read_dir(),
getSearchPath() and cmdEnvironment().
- Parameter names in drw_win.c, drw_x11.c and drw_dos.c were changed
to fit to the names used in graph.s7i.
- Parameter names in clib_file.s7i, keybd.s7i, sockbase.s7i,
socket.s7i, utf8.s7i, fil_rtl.c, gkb_rtl.c, kbd_rtl.c, soc_dos.c,
soc_rtl.c and ut8_rtl.c were changed to fit to each other.
- The function conv_from_os_stri() was added to striutl.c .
- The function concat_path in str_rtl.c was improved to work
correctly, when the relative path contains "..".
- In several makefiles defines for SEARCH_PATH_DELIMITER and
os_environ were added and defines for
MAP_ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_DRIVE_LETTERS were replaced with
defines for OS_PATH_HAS_DRIVE_LETTERS.
- A description of several C preprocessor macros used in "version.h"
and "config.h" was added to the file "src/read_me.txt".
- Parameter names were added to function definitions in various
- Documentation comments were added or improved in the files
"clib_file.s7i", "external_file.s7i", "socket.s7i", "fil_rtl.c" and
- The function determineEnvironDefines was added to "chkccomp.c".
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.