|Seed7 Release 2012-06-03 firstname.lastname@example.org (2012-06-03)|
|Date:||Sun, 3 Jun 2012 11:22:56 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Jun 2012 05:38:32 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20120603.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- An alternate version of the function 'filInputReady' was added to
the file "fil_unx.c" (thanks to Rainer Weikusat and Geoff Clare
for their help). The new function is used when "version.h" does
not define the macro 'read_buffer_empty'.
- A check and a definition of the macro 'read_buffer_empty' for
HPUX was added to "chkccomp.c" (thanks to Richard Kettlewell and
Marc for their suggestions).
- The example program "make7.sd7" was improved. Now it supports the
commands 'ifeq', 'wildcard' and 'include'. The commands of a rule
can now contain empty lines. Pattern rules can now be combined with
dependency rules (rules without commands).
- The "ftp7.sd7" example program was improved to support the commands
'delete' and 'rename'.
- The FAQ and the manual were improved to contain more links. The
additional links improve also the Seed7 homepage.
- The new libraries "array.s7i", "hash.s7i", "bitset.s7i," "set.s7i",
"bitsetof.s7i", "hashsetof.s7i", "idxarray.s7i" and "struct.s7i"
were added. The contents of this libraries were extracted from the
"seed7_05.s7i" library. They are included from "seed7_05.s7i", so
no change in existing programs is necessary.
- Documentation comments were added to "array.s7i", "idxarray.s7i",
"pixmapfont.s7i", "bitset.s7i", "bitsetof.s7i", "hashsetof.s7i",
"set.s7i", "hash.s7i" and "bigint.s7i".
- The function 'moveFile' was added to the "ftp.s7i" library.
- Comment blocks with deactivated code were removed from the
- The program "chkccomp.c" was improved, to produce no error, when
the macro 'filInputReady' cannot be defined.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.