Does someone have a reference to the statement that almost all practical langauges are LL?

Chris F Clark <cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Wed, 30 May 2012 13:27:11 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Does someone have a reference to the statement that almost all practic cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2012-05-30)
Does someone have a reference to the statement that almost all practic Sylvain.Schmitz@lsv.ens-cachan.fr (Sylvain Schmitz) (2012-05-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Chris F Clark <cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:27:11 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 May 2012 14:52:31 EDT

I'm writing up a small whitepaper(*) where I want to discuss LL and LR
grammars. In it I want to sidestep the issue of the fact that there
are LL grammars that are not LR and vice-versa. Thus, I simply want
to quote the conventional wisdom, i.e. that nearly any (artificial)
language in use has an LL grammar. However, I'd like to reference
someone else who has made that statement, so that it simply isn't a
bald assertion without proof in my paper. It's instead a reference to
a bald assertion without proof in someone else's paper (or web page or
interview or whatever) ;-)

With lesser importance, I wouldn't mind a reference to a proof that
all deterministic context free langauges have an LR(1) grammar.
However, since I know that is a proven statement, I'm a little less
worried about it.

-Chris

Chris Clark email: christopher.f.clark@compiler-resources.com
Compiler Resources, Inc. Web Site: http://world.std.com/~compres