|Seed7 Release 2012-05-20 email@example.com (2012-05-20)|
|Date:||Sun, 20 May 2012 12:59:13 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||22 May 2012 00:32:16 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20120520.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The FAQ and the manual were improved to contain more links. The
additional links improve also the Seed7 homepage.
- Documentation comments were added to "boolean.s7i", "charsets.s7i"
- Documentation comments were improved in "integer.s7i", "font.s7i",
"duration.s7i", "enable_io.s7i", "listener.s7i", "scanfile.s7i",
"poll.s7i", "shell.s7i" and "socket.s7i".
- The function 'bigParse' in "big_rtl.c" was improved, to work up to
9 times faster. The bigInteger operator 'parse' is implemented with
- The factorial operator (!) was added to "bigint.s7i".
- A for-until-loop for 'bitset' was added to "seed7_05.s7i".
- Tests for the 'parse' operator, when it parses integer literals
with a + sign, were added to "chkbig.sd7".
- Tests of the function 'compare' were added to "chkbool.sd7".
- Tests of the bigInteger operator 'parse' were added to
- The compiler was improved to generate better inline code for set
membership (operator: in).
- The example program "make7.sd7" was improved. Now it accepts :=
to assign a value to a macro.
- The libraries "bigint.s7i", "float.s7i" and "math.s7i" were
improved, to use 'in' parameters instead of 'ref' parameters.
- Spaces at the end of the line were removed in "file.s7i",
"ftp.s7i", "osfiles.s7i", "stdio.s7i", "pol_sel.c", "read_me.txt",
"pol_unx.c" and "soc_rtl.c".
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.