Need idea for a compiler project

Raphael Ernani Rodrigues <raphaelernani@gmail.com>
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 08:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need idea for a compiler project raphaelernani@gmail.com (Raphael Ernani Rodrigues) (2012-04-19)
Re: Need idea for a compiler project donald.s.strong@gmail.com (Donald Strong) (2012-05-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Raphael Ernani Rodrigues <raphaelernani@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 08:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 19 Apr 2012 23:15:36 EDT

Dear all,

        I am a MsC student, and I want to do research in code optimization
and generation. I am taking an advanced course on algorithms, and the
course project asks to develop a graph-related algorithm that deals
with some actual application. There are a lot of compiler back-end
algorithms that deal with graphs: register allocation, partial
redundancy elimination, instruction scheduling, etc. So, I would like
to see if any of you could give me an idea of a good graph-related
algorithm that I could implement, and experiment with, in this course
project. The idea does not have to be new or visionary. It would be
good if there is a nice graph-related algorithm underlying it. One
last thing: this idea should be something that an experienced
programmer with a good compiler background should be able to implement
in nine weeks.

Regards to all,

Raphael