I2PC Summer School on Multicore Programming, July 9-13, 2012 (Urbana-Champaign IL)

Megan Osfar <i2pc.illinois@gmail.com>
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
I2PC Summer School on Multicore Programming, July 9-13, 2012 (Urbana-C i2pc.illinois@gmail.com (Megan Osfar) (2012-04-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Megan Osfar <i2pc.illinois@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 18 Apr 2012 16:45:20 EDT

Registration is open for the 2012 I2PC Summer School on Multicore
Programming!

Software engineering practitioners and researchers with little or no
exposure to parallelism will have an opportunity to learn about
multicore programming at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
Champaign during our July 9th  13th Summer School. We're excited
about the new direction that our Summer School will be taking this
year, offering a deeper dive into Java parallel programming and the
Eclipse platform. We have an excellent instructor (Professor Danny
Dig, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) lined up, using a
curriculum he has refined and tested both in prior summer schools and
in industry courses. The courses have received very high reviews from
participants, and we're confident our Multicore Summer School will be
useful to those wanting to apply parallel programming techniques to
Java code.

Enrollment is limited to the first 60 paid registrants. In past years,
the summer school has filled very quickly. Those wishing to
participate are encouraged to register as soon as they have decided.
Registration closes on June 9th, or when the 60 participant limit has
been reached.

Please see the 2012 I2PC Summer School on Multicore Programming
website (http://i2pc.cs.illinois.edu/summer.html) for a tentative
course schedule, prerequisites for participation in the school,
information about fees, meals, and travel to the University of
Illinois, and to register online!