Some source code to look at

Uli Kusterer <>
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:50:38 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Some source code to look at (Uli Kusterer) (2012-04-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Uli Kusterer <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:50:38 +0200
Posted-Date: 16 Apr 2012 10:58:41 EDT

  I recently decided to open-source the little programming language
project I've been working on in my spare time for the last couple
years. It is a scripting language based on HyperTalk, compiled to a
custom byte-code that is then interpreted. You can find the source for
the host application Stacksmith and the Forge parser/compiler and the
Leonie interpreter at

  I thought it might be interesting to someone to see how someone else
approached their programming language, particularly one that is rather
high-level like HyperTalk.

  I'm working on this on a Mac, so you'll only be able to build it out
of the box and run it if you're running Mac OS X, but Leonie and Forge
are written in portable C/C++, so at least the source code should be
familiar, and if someone made a Makefile, it would probably build.

  I'm still dithering on what license to put it under, so if you have
suggestions, or have used a particular license before and want to
recommend it or speak against it, that'd be great.

-- Uli Kusterer