|Seed7 Release 2012-02-05 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2012-02-05)|
|Date:||Sun, 5 Feb 2012 13:57:31 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Feb 2012 12:18:31 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20120205.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- FAQ answers, explaining call-by-name and how it is implemented in
Seed7, were added.
- The "ftpserv.sd7" example program was improved to work with
various ftp client programs.
- The speed of the function 'socLineRead' in "soc_rtl.c" was
improved (this function implements getln() for sockets).
- The Unicode support of the "ftp.s7i" library and the "ftp7.sd7"
example program was improved.
- Documentation comments were improved in "poll.s7i" and
- The files "pol_sel.c" and "pol_unx.c" were improved to use the
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate optimized code
for the actions "STR_ELEMCPY" and "STR_POSCPY" (which were used
by the @:= operator).
- Testcases for the @:= operator were added to "chkstr.sd7".
- The program "chkccomp.c" was changed to include "version.h" and
to define OS_OFF_T_SIZE. This way "chkccomp.c" can use the macro
definitions for os_off_t, TURN_OFF_FP_EXCEPTIONS and
DEFINE_MATHERR_FUNCTION from "version.h" instead of "chkccomp.h".
- The files "cmd_rtl.c" and "fil_rtl.c" were changed to use the
- In "osfiles.s7i" the type 'fileType' was introduced as result type
for 'fileType' and 'fileTypeSL'.
- The function 'str' for the type 'fileMode' was improved in
- The number of calls of fileno() was reduced in "con_cap.c",
"con_tcp.c", "kbd_inf.c" and "kbd_poll.c".
- Result variables were renamed in "external_file.s7i", "ftp.s7i",
"osfiles.s7i", "shell.s7i", "socket.s7i", "string.s7i", "tar.s7i",
"utf16.s7i", "utf8.s7i" and "ftpserv.sd7".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.