|Seed7 Release 2011-12-18 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2011-12-18)|
|Date:||Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:59:10 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||18 Dec 2011 17:26:08 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20111218.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The type 'pollData' and the functions 'clear', 'addReadCheck',
'addWriteCheck', 'removeReadCheck', 'removeWriteCheck', 'poll',
'readyForRead', 'readyForWrite', 'files', 'hasNextReadFile',
'hasNextWriteFile', 'nextReadFile' and 'nextWriteFile' were added
to the "socket.s7i" library.
- The makefile "mk_djgpp.mak" was improved to use 'djecho' (thanks
to "Rugxulo" for his help).
- The library "duration.s7i" was improved to support the operators
+:= and -:= for the type 'duration'.
- The function 'startProcess' in the library "shell.s7i" was
overloaded to work with a single string parameter.
- The function 'socWrite' in "soc_rtl.c" was improved.
- Interpreter, compiler and runtime library were improved to support
'pollData' (polltype) and the actions "POL_ADD_READ_CHECK",
"POL_ADD_WRITE_CHECK", "POL_CLEAR", "POL_CPY", "POL_FILES",
"POL_NEXT_READ_FILE", "POL_NEXT_WRITE_FILE", "POL_POLL",
"POL_REMOVE_READ_CHECK", "POL_REMOVE_WRITE_CHECK" and "POL_VALUE".
- The files "pollib.c", "pollib.h", "pol_sel.c", "pol_unx.c" and
"pol_drv.h" were added to support the type 'pollData'.
- The "ftpserv.sd7" example program was improved to work silently.
- In "hsh_rtl.c" the function 'hshIdxWithDefault' was renamed to
'hshIdxEnterDefault' and a new function 'hshIdxWithDefault' was
- In "ref_data.c" the functions 'refCmpGeneric' and 'genericCreate'
were replaced with 'uintCmpGeneric' and 'intCreateGeneric'
- The program "chkccomp.c" was improved to define _matherr(), which
handles floating point errors, when necessary.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.