|Seed7 Release 2011-12-04 email@example.com (tm) (2011-12-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 Dec 2011 11:08:23 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Dec 2011 15:02:38 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20111204.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The makefile "mk_djgpp.mak" was improved to work for DJGPP under
DOS (thanks to "Rugxulo" for his help to improve "mk_djgpp.mak").
- The old makefile "mk_djgpp.mak" was renamed to "mk_djgp2.mak".
- The option -?, which writes helping information, was added to the
hi interpreter and to the compiler (comp.sd7).
- The "ftp7.sd7" example program was improved to support the command
- The "sydir7.sd7" example program was improved to accept Unix and
- The directions N, S, W, E were renamed to NORTH, SOUTH, WEST and
EAST in "dna_base.s7i", "blue.dna", "green.dna", "indigo.dna",
"red.dna", "tan.dna", "violet.dna" and "white.dna".
- Result variables were renamed in "bigrat.s7i", "complex.s7i",
"rational.s7i" and "time.s7i".
- Interpreter, compiler and runtime library (files "cmd_unx.c",
"cmd_win.c", "cmd_drv.h", "cmdlib.c", "cmdlib.h" and "primitiv.c")
were improved to support the new action "CMD_START_PROCESS".
- A definition of the function 'startProcess' was added to the
- The function get_primact in "actutl.c" was improved to suppress
writing the list of actions, which are implemented by the same
- The function timNow() in "tim_dos.c", "tim_unx.c" and "tim_win.c"
and the functions timFromTimestamp() and timSetLocalTZ() in
"tim_rtl.c" were improved to use localtime_s(), when the
prepocessor macro USE_LOCALTIME_S is defined.
- An include command for "math.s7i" was added to "bas7.sd7",
"lander.sd7" and "planets.sd7".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.