|Seed7 Release 2011-11-11 email@example.com (tm) (2011-11-11)|
|Date:||Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:23:57 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||12 Nov 2011 20:48:16 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20111111.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Documentation comments were improved in "dir.s7i", "stdio.s7i"
- Testcases for the operators 'sci' and 'exp' in "chkflt.sd7" were
changed to succedd on all supported platforms.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved, to create better debugging
information for compiler generated (DYNAMIC) dispatcher functions.
- The compiler was improved to define and use the macro 'do_setjmp'
and to work correctly for empty programs.
- The program "chkccomp.c" was improved to write one of the
preprocessor macros ROUND_HALF_TO_EVEN, ROUND_HALF_UP or
ROUND_HALF_AWAY_FROM_ZERO to "version.h". This macros describe
the rounding behaviour, when float values are converted to
strings with 'printf'.
- Result variables were renamed in "echo.s7i", "gzip.s7i",
"line.s7i",, "external_file.s7i" "null_file.s7i", "osfiles.s7i",
"stdio.s7i", "strifile.s7i", "stritext.s7i" and "utf16.s7i".
- The files "drw_win.c", "fil_win.c" and "striutl.c" were improved
to reduce the number of compiler warnings.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.