New Programming Language: Salmon

Chris <>
Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New Programming Language: Salmon (Chris) (2011-11-02)
Re: New Programming Language: Salmon (Kaz Kylheku) (2011-11-03)
Re: New Programming Language: Salmon (Chris) (2011-11-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Chris <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:06:14 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 02 Nov 2011 22:44:41 EDT

I've created a new general purpose programming language and a full
interpreter for it. I'm looking for early adopters to give it a try
and give feedback.

I know there are lots and lots of programming languages out there, but
I'm hoping there's not too much cynicism to preclude giving a new
language a shot. I believe there's always room for new ideas, and I
hope some of you do too. Whether it's my new language or some other, I
hope we continue to come up with new languages and give them a chance
to grow.

My programming language is called Salmon -- because Salmon swim
upstream, and creating a new programming language is like swimming

If you're willing to be open to a new language, please go to the web
site I set up (it runs on a web server written in Salmon) and check it
out. Please e-mail me with any questions or comments.

Thanks for your consideration!