Compiler positions available for week ending October 16

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
16 Oct 2011 07:59:39 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending October 16 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-10-17)
Compiler positions available for week ending October 16 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-10-16)
Compiler positions available for week ending October 16 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Oct 2011 07:59:39 -0000
Posted-Date: 16 Oct 2011 19:23:42 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Fred Smith <fsmith1024@gmail.com>
Subject: Compiler jobs at the MathWorks (Boston area)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:23:56 -0700 (PDT)

MATLAB Coder compiles MATLAB code to embeddable C. We are seeking a
skilled compiler engineer to help us with automatic parallelization of
our generated code.

Our proprietary optimizing compiler is a key strategic focus of the
MathWorks. Both the language and the compiler are actively developed
by a talented team of programming language and compiler experts.

Compiling the dynamically-typed matrix-oriented MATLAB language to
embedded systems is not a well-studied problem. You will need to
determine the optimal tradeoff between supported subset, usability,
and the quality of the generated code. Then, implement your vision
and ship it.

Over a million customers use our tools in designing the next
generation of automobiles, airplanes, cell phones, radar systems, and
spacecraft. If you have not heard of us, ask an engineer!

For full job details and to apply online please see our website:
        http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/opportunities/Job-8817-Senior-Compiler-Engineer.html