|Seed7 Release 2011-09-04 email@example.com (tm) (2011-09-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 Sep 2011 12:49:41 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Sep 2011 22:11:12 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110904.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Declarations were moved from "seed7_05.s7i" to the new library
- For-loops, with traverse array elements and keys, were introduced
- Testcases for bigInteger exponentiation, when it raises an
exception, were added to "chkexc.sd7".
- The recognition of constant expressions and their use to optimize
the program in the compiler ("comp.sd7"), was improved.
- Compiler options, to control the optimization of constant
expressions, were introduced. Allowed options are -oc0 (no
optimisation), -oc1 (default), -oc2 and -oc3 (best optimisation).
- The functions 'bigSquare' and 'bigLog2BaseLShift' were added to
"big_rtl.c" and "big_gmp.c" and used by the compiler.
- The functions 'uBigDigitSquare', 'uBigKaratsubaSquare' and
'uBigSquareK' were added to "big_rtl.c".
- The functions 'uBigDecr', 'uBigMultNegativeWithDigit',
'uBigMultPositiveWithNegatedDigit', 'bigAbs', 'bigGrow',
'bigMultSignedDigit', 'bigRShiftAssign' and 'bigShrink' in
"big_rtl.c" were improved.
- A free list memory management for 'biginttype' (bigInteger) values
was introduced in "big_gmp.c".
- All occurrances of the macro UTF32_STRINGS in *.c and *.h files
were removed. Strings will always use UTF-32 encoded characters.
Strings restricted to byte elements must use a different type.
- The functions 'conWrite' (in "con_rtl.c") and 'conText' (in
"con_win.c") were improved to allow writing Unicode characters to
- The random number generator (functions 'uint_rand' and 'intRand'
in "int_rtl.c") was improved.
- The functions 'stri_to_wstri' and 'stri_to_bstriw' were added to
- The experimental function 'inputReady' was added to "file.s7i",
"external_file.s7i", "comp.sd7", "fil_unx.c", "fil_win.c" and
"fil_drv.h". Because of buffering issues, 'inputReady' does
currently not work correctly for pipes.
- Support for 'SOC_INPUT_READY' was added to the compiler (comp.sd7).
- The experimental function pipe2 was added to "shell.s7i".
- Testcases for bigInteger multiplication and squaring were added to
- The type 'flisttype' was introduced in "common.h" and used in
"heaputl.h", "big_rtl.c" and "big_gmp.c".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.