|Seed7 Release 2011-08-01 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2011-08-01)|
|Date:||Mon, 1 Aug 2011 05:34:54 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Aug 2011 11:32:30 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110801.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The left and right shift operators for bigInteger were improved
to work with negative shift counts. Left shifting with a negative
shift count results in a right shift. Right shifting with a
negative shift count results in a left shift.
- The interpreter was improved to default to non-verbose program
parsing (verbose parsing is done with -v or -v2).
- The chapter explaining 'float' in the manual was improved.
- The "draw.s7i" library was improved to contain the functions
'getPixelColor' (obtain the color of a specified pixel from a
window or pixmap) and 'pixelToColor' (convert a pixel value to a
- The function 'newPixmap' in "draw.sd7" and the files "drw_x11.c"
and "drw_win.c" were improved to allow crating pixmaps, when no
window was opened.
- Documentation comments were added to "integer.s7i", "string.s7i"
- The function 'inputReady' was added to the "socket.s7i" library.
- The "string.s7i" library, interpreter and compiler were improved
to support an overloaded version of the @:= operator. With
stri @:=  "abc"; the characters 5 to 7 in stri are overwritten
with "abc" (the primitive action is "STR_POSCPY").
- The function 'daysInMonth' was added to the "time.s7i" library.
- Declarations were moved from "seed7_05.s7i" to the new library
- Checks were added to "chkbig.sd7", "chkexc.sd7", "chkstr.sd7"
- The performance of 'uBigIncr', 'uBigDecr', 'bigDecr', 'bigIncr',
'bigPred', 'bigPredTemp', 'bigSucc' and 'bigSuccTemp' in
"big_rtl.c", was further improved.
- The performace of 'bigImport' and 'bigCLit' in "big_rtl.c", was
- The handling of the action "ARR_IDX" in the compiler (comp.sd7)
- The functions 'bigLShift', 'bigLShiftAssign', 'bigRShift' and
'bigRShiftAssign' in "big_rtl.c" were adjusted to the new shift
behaviour for bigInteger values.
- The prototypes of 'wgetenv' and 'wsetenv' in "cmd_win.c" were
improved to use the const qualifier.
- The macros HEAP_REALLOC_BIG and REALLOC_BIG_CHECK_SIZE in
"big_rtl.c" and the macros HEAP_REALLOC_STRI, GROW_STRI and
REALLOC_STRI_CHECK_SIZE in "heaputl.h" were improved to avoid
unused expression results (which get a warning with clang).
- The operator lpad0 (function strLpad0 in "str_rtl.c") was improved
to add zero characters ('0') after an optional leading sign
('+' or '-').
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.