|Seed7 Release 2011-07-17 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2011-07-17)|
|Date:||Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:28:22 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||18 Jul 2011 16:58:42 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110717.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- FAQ answers, explaining how interpreter and compiler look for
include libraries, was improved.
- The 'str' function for 'duration' values was improved to provide
micro seconds, when they are not zero.
- Two 'getHttp' functions in "gethttp.s7i" were improved to allow
redirections which refer to other redirections.
- A documentation comment was written for 'getHostname' in
- Checks for left shift in "chkint.sd7" were improved to check only
cases were no overflow occurs.
- Checks for the 'pos' function were added to "chkstr.sd7".
- The performance of 'uBigIncr', 'uBigDecr', 'bigDecr', 'bigIncr',
'bigPred', 'bigPredTemp', 'bigSucc' and 'bigSuccTemp' in
"big_rtl.c", was improved.
- The functions 'processBackslash' and 'CommandLineToArgvW' were
added to "cmd_win.c".
- The function 'wgetenv_wstri' was renamed to 'wgetenv' in
- The functions gkbGetc, processEvents, gkbKeyPressed,
mouseButtonPressed, keyboardButtonPressed, gkbButtonPressed,
gkbRawGetc, gkbButtonXpos, gkbButtonYpos and drwFlush were moved
from "drw_x11.c" to the new file "gkb_x11.c".
- The performance of 'strPos' in "str_rtl.c", was improved.
- The compiler was improved to generate the function
'int_raise_error' and to use the function 'raiseError' to create
calls of 'int_raise_error'.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate better code for
the action "REF_TRACE", when the object category is REFOBJECT.
- The generation of the string constant table, in the compiler, was
- The configuration macro OS_PATH_WCHAR was renamed to OS_STRI_WCHAR
in several files.
- The macro os_getenv_string_free was defined in "os_decls.h".
- The functions seekFileLength, offsetTell and offsetSeek in
"fil_rtl.c" were improved to provide their functionality optionally
with os_fgetpos and os_fsetpos.
- The function offsetSeek in "fil_rtl.c" was improved to return -1,
when the offset does not fit into the offset type used by the seek
function of the operating system.
- Makefiles and C source files were changed to use 'os_fopen' instead
of 'wide_fopen' and 'fopen'.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.