|Seed7 Release 2011-07-03 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2011-07-03)|
|Date:||Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:47:28 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||07 Jul 2011 00:02:29 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110703.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A new example program (ftpserv.sd7), a FTP (file transfer protocol)
server, was added.
- The type listener (defined in "socket.s7i") was improved. Now a
listener manages its accepted sockets.
- The new function 'waitForRequest' was added to "socket.s7i". It
allows to wait until a request can be read or an incoming
connection is accepted. With 'waitForRequest' a server is able to
handle interleaved requests from multiple clients.
- The functions 'eof' and 'hasNext' in "socket.s7i" were improved to
work like the corresponding functions of other files.
- The type socketAddress (defined in "socket.s7i") was improved to
support comparisons with '=' and '<>'.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) and the makefiles were improved, such that
executables only link graphic libraries (X11 or gdi), when
- The makefile mk_djgpp.mak was introduced. It allows compilation
under DOS with DJGPP.
- Support for Cygwin was improved to allow graphics with Cygwin/X.
- The functions 'compare' and 'hashCode' were added to the "file.s7i"
library. This allows files as keys of hash tables.
- Documentation comments were added or improved in the files
"complex.s7i", "file.s7i", "font.s7i" and "socket.s7i".
- The "ftp.s7i" library was improved to accept multiple line
- The function 'quoteHtmlAttrValue' was added to "html_ent.s7i".
- The functions 'clear' in "screen.s7i" and "windows.s7i" were
improved to position the cursor in the top left edge.
- The "comanche.sd7" webserver was improved to allow the
specification of a port and to write help information, when it is
called with -h or -? .
- The "make7.sd7" utility was improved to support the option -i .
- The meaning of the configuration macros SEED7_LIB, COMP_DATA_LIB
and COMPILER_LIB was changed to contain library names without path.
- Compiler, runtime libraries and makefiles were improved to support
the configuration macros DRAW_LIB (name of the Seed7 graphic
library), SYSTEM_DRAW_LIBS (link option for the graphic library of
the OS) and S7_LIB_DIR (absolute path of the Seed7 runtime
- The new file "os_decls.h", which defines macros for OS calls and
structs, was added. The definitions in "os_decls.h" were moved from
- The file "setpaths.c" was improved to work under DOS and to be able
to handle the codepages 437 and 850.
- Functions in "striutl.h" were improved to decode operating system
strings with UTF-16 surrogate pairs to the UTF-32 strings of Seed7.
Decoding and encoding between codepages (437 and 850 are supported)
and the UTF-32 strings of Seed7 was also added.
- The function 'socSelectInput' (defined as 'selectInput' with the
action "SOC_SELECT_INPUT" in "socket.s7i") was added to
- The function 'socInetAddr' in "soc_rtl.c" (defined as
'inetSocketAddress' with the action "SOC_INET_ADDR" in
"socket.s7i") was improved to return an empty socket address when
the host could not be found.
- The function 'openInetSocket' in "socket.s7i" was improved to
return STD_NULL when the socked could not be opened.
- The compiler was improved to support the actions "SOC_HAS_NEXT" and
- The functions 'readVolumeName' and 'closeVolumeList' were moved
from "cmd_win.c" to "dir_rtl.c".
- The function 'openVolumeList' was added to "cmd_unx.c".
- The functions 'drwOpen' and 'drwOpenSubWindow' were changed to
raise FILE_ERROR when it is not possible to open a window.
- Calls of 'getenv' in 'examineSearchPath' ("arr_rtl.c") and
'init_lib_path' ("infile.c") were replaced with 'os_getenv'.
- Several explanations were added to the file "src/read_me.txt".
- The file "soc_dos.c" was added and the files "scr_dos.c" and
"scr_wat.c" were improved.
- The function 'prot_os_stri' was added to "traceutl.c".
- The handling of the element 'tm_isdst' from 'struct tm' (filled
when localtime() is called) was changed. Now the the flag
'is_dst' is only set when tm_isdst > 0 holds.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.