Re: C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use

BGB <cr88192@hotmail.com>
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:27:50 -0700

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use genew@ocis.net (Gene Wirchenko) (2011-06-16)
Re: C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use gene.ressler@gmail.com (Gene) (2011-06-16)
Re: C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use cr88192@hotmail.com (BGB) (2011-06-16)
C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use rayroth@pacbell.net (ray roth) (2011-06-17)
Re: C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use comp.compilers@inglorion.net (Robbert Haarman) (2011-06-17)
Re: C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use usenet@rwaltman.com (Roberto Waltman) (2011-06-17)
Re: C or Similar Preprocessor for General Use akakima33@gmail.com (Akakima) (2011-06-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: BGB <cr88192@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:27:50 -0700
Posted-Date: 18 Jun 2011 12:10:17 EDT

On 6/16/2011 2:23 PM, Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> I am looking for a CLI-driven preprocessor that I can use on a
> Windows system for preprocessing text files (not C programs, BTW). The
> C preprocessor has about the features I need.

> Gene Wirchenko
> [I pointed him at a Windows port of Gnu m4 -John]

fair enough...

just in-case he wants a preprocessor with much more C like syntax (IMHO
m4 is a bit... weird...), I have put mine up on my server:
http://cr88192.dyndns.org/bgb_sapp.c

my server is not always up, as this is a personally-run server (at my
house, behind an ADSL connection).

was going to slap an MIT style license on it, but I noted I had already
put it under public domain, either way, it is free to use it however.

it does support a number of extensions though from the standard C
preprocessor, such as:
delayed expansion (via "##"/"###"/... directives);
block macros ("#macro name(args) ... #endmacro" IIRC);
in-place substitution ("$(name)");

but, sadly, these features are not really documented.

but, hell, in case it might be helpful, I am putting it up.