LRSTAR 2.0, LALR parser generator for C/C++, released.

Paul B Mann <paul@paulbmann.com>
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LRSTAR 2.0, LALR parser generator for C/C++, released. paul@paulbmann.com (Paul B Mann) (2011-04-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Paul B Mann <paul@paulbmann.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 08 Apr 2011 12:46:30 EDT

Hi,

I just released LRSTAR 2.0, an LALR parser generator which creates
very fast parsers (about twice the speed of YACC parsers). Compiler
front ends built with LRSTAR are reading source code at a rate of over
1,000,000 lines per second on a 3 GHz desktop computer.

It runs on Windows XP, but generates C/C++ code that is portable to
UNIX and Linux with minimal changes.

The package includes DFASTAR 2.0, which creates lexical analyzers that
are 2 times the speed of FLEX lexers and just as small.

The input grammar notation is NOT compatible with YACC/Bison, because
it is much more powerful.

Currently it is free, in order to promote it's use and acceptance.
Hopefully, I'll get some useful feedback from users, so the next
version can be better.

The downloads are here: http://highperware.com

Paul B Mann