|Seed7 Release 2011-03-06 email@example.com (tm) (2011-03-06)|
|Date:||Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:43:34 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||07 Mar 2011 11:50:09 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110306.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The support for CGI programs in the comanche.sd7 webserver was
- The first steps towards evaluating pure functions in the compiler
(when they are called with constant parameters), were done.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate code with fewer
temporary variables for the actions SET_ELEM and SET_NOT_ELEM.
- The function 'evaluate' (defined in "progs.s7i" and implemented in
"exec.c", "prglib.c" and "prg_comp.c") was improved to work
correctly when the evaluation raises an exception.
- Parameter names were added to the prototypes in the files "exec.h",
"executl.h", "expr.h", "identutl.h", "match.h", "objutl.h",
"name.h", "object.h", "parser.h", "runerr.h", "symbol.h" and
- The files "memory.c" and "memory.h" were renamed to "objutl.c" and
- The function 'uintCmpGeneric' was introduced in the file
"int_rtl.c" and used in compiled programs.
- The example programs "chk_all.sd7" and "chkprc.sd7" were improved.
- The file "drw_x11.c" was changed to reduce the number of warnings
generated by the C compiler.
- Missing functions were added to the file "drw_dos.c".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.