Results from Cache simulator

Wei Li <>
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:04:26 -0600

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Results from Cache simulator (Wei Li) (2011-03-04)
Re: Results from Cache simulator (George Neuner) (2011-03-05)
Re: Results from Cache simulator (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2011-03-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Wei Li <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:04:26 -0600
Posted-Date: 04 Mar 2011 10:16:09 EST

Dear all:

I am using a cache simulator for my research on loop tile selection
problem. My understanding is that for a given input, I should have the
same result. No matter how many time I repeat that experiment.
However, I am getting a slightly different result. For example, in one
run I got 153265565 read misses and in another run with the same data
I got 153266725. What is the reason for this difference?

Wei Li
[ A) Maybe it uses a real clock and is subject to minor timing differences
    B) Maybe the simulator is buggy.
- John]