|Seed7 Release 2011-02-03 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2011-02-03)|
|Date:||Thu, 3 Feb 2011 04:00:04 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Feb 2011 16:10:57 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110203.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Many thanks to Bogdan Lisovich for his help to investigate and fix
a compilation problem under Mac OS.
- The fannkuch-redux benchmark "fannkuch.sd7" from "Bart C" was added
(Many thanks to "Bart C" for releasing "fannkuch.sd7" under the
- The comanche.sd7 webserver was improved to support CGI programs.
- The chapter explaining 'operating system access' in the manual was
- The function 'getCgiParameters(file)' was added to "cgi.s7i".
- The functions 'setenv' and 'file(PROGRAM)' were added to
- The interpreter and the compiler were improved to support the
- Several changes were done to support compiling with a C++ compiler.
- The keyword INLINE was removed from the functions bigCmp,
bigCreate, bstCmp, bstCreate, fltCmp, intCmp, rflCreate, setCmp,
setCreate, strCompare and strCreate (C++ does not generate an
externally visible function for inline functions).
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate runtime library
prototypes with constant types.
- The function timFromIntTimestamp was introduced in "tim_rtl.c" and
used in "timlib.c" and in compiled code.
- The example programs dirtst.sd7, eliza.sd7, fib.sd7, gkbd.sd7,
hamu.sd7, kbd.sd7, rand.sd7, rever.sd7, sl.sd7, snake.sd7 and
tak.sd7 were improved to use the operator <& instead of multiple
calls of write.
- The const qualifier was added to function prototypes in
"arr_rtl.c", "arr_rtl.h", "big_rtl.c", "big_gmp.c", "big_drv.h",
"blockutl.c", "blockutl.h", "drw_x11.c", "drw_win.c", "drw_drv.h",
"fil_rtl.c", "fil_rtl.h", "ref_data.c", "ref_data.h", "soc_rtl.c",
"soc_rtl.h", "tim_rtl.c", "traceutl.c" and "traceutl.h".
- The macro 'os_fstat_struct' was introduced in the files
"mk_bccv5.mak", "common.h"" "infile.c", "fil_rtl.c", "cmd_rtl.c".
- Parameter names were added to the prototypes in the files
"blockutl.h", "dir_win.h", "doany.h" and "traceutl.h".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.