Integer division

dz <>
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:14:13 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Integer division (dz) (2010-12-27)
Re: Integer division (Derek M. Jones) (2010-12-29)
Re: Integer division (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2010-12-30)
Re: Integer division (robin) (2011-01-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: dz <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:14:13 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 28 Dec 2010 18:14:08 EST

        I am looking for references on how to support general 32 bit
integer division (not just invariants) on hardware without dedicated
integer-division support and 64 bit floating point support. However
there is 32 bit floating point support and dedicated hardware to
support 32 bit math functions such as logarithm and exponential. Can
someone please point me to references. I realize this question has
been asked before but they seemed to pertain to invariant
denominators. And invariant perhaps refers to constants...

[I'd look in Knuth's "Seminumerical Algorithms" where he explains it all.