First Order Logic (FOL) parsing
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:49:37 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
First Order Logic (FOL) parsing (2010-12-07)
Re: First Order Logic (FOL) parsing (Hans Aberg) (2010-12-10)
Re: First Order Logic (FOL) parsing (Gene) (2010-12-10)
Re: First Order Logic (FOL) parsing (2015-05-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:49:37 +0100

Hi All,

I'm new about the topic of parsing. I have to develop a parser/compiler for
First Order Logic (FOL) clauses in C/C++ language. I have made a lot of search
on the web but I have found only a source codes written in ML, PROLOG,
Haskell, Python, etc. I have also found a open source AI project that is
written in C/C++ which has a internal FOL parser developed with Bison. The
project is Alchemy Do you know it? and what
do you think about it? It's better to try to use it or to rewrite a new

At the moment I'm studying Flex and Bison to understand how I can generate a
parser. I think it's a big work for me. Do you know if exist an open source
implementation (C/C++) from which I can start apart of Alchemy project?

I would like to know if a LALR parser is able to treat a FOL grammar or if I
need a GLR parser. What do you think?

Thank you