|Seed7 Release 2010-11-21 email@example.com (tm) (2010-11-21)|
|Date:||Sun, 21 Nov 2010 09:40:16 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||21 Nov 2010 23:06:46 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20101121.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapters explaining integer and bigInteger in the manual were
- Several improvements and a bugfix were done in the "gzip.s7i"
- The function openGunzipFile and other functions to support a
gunzipFile were added to the "gzip.s7i" library.
- The "tar7.sd7" (tar archiving utility) example program was
- The function getCStringLiteralText was added to the "scanstri.s7i"
- The function timeInTimeZone was added to the "time.s7i" library.
- Several tests of the integer power operator (**) were added to the
- The function check_power in the "chkint.sd7" program was improved.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate better code for
the actions INT_POW and BIG_IPOW.
- The compiler was improved to use string slices for the actions
STR_HEAD, STR_RANGE, STR_SUBSTR and STR_TAIL.
- The compiler and the files "seed7_05.s7i", "arrlib.c" and
"arr_rtl.c" were improved to allow appending an element to an array
with the &:= operator.
- String and array indexing functions in the compiler were improved.
- The file "seed7/read_me" was renamed to "seed7/read_me.txt".
- The function cmdConfigValue in "cmd_rtl.c" was improved to support
the config values ALLOW_STRITYPE_SLICES and CC_SOURCE_UTF8.
- Several makefiles were changed such that #undef commands are not
written to the file "version.h".
- Alternate versions of strAppend and strCopy, which support string
slices, were added to the file "str_rtl.c".
- The functions strHeadSlice, strRangeSlice, strSubstrSlice and
strTailSlice were added to the file "str_rtl.c".
- The memory management of strings in the files "heaputl.c" and
"heaputl.h" was improved to support string slices.
- The files "ref_data.c", "reflib.c", "infile.c", "infile.h",
"error.h", "info.c", "info.h", "match.c" and "runerr.c" were
changed to improve the action REF_FILE.
- Parameter names were added to the prototypes in the *lib.h files.
- The function strLpadTemp was added to the file "str_rtl.c" and used
in the compiler.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.