Looking for x86 code-generator for Small-C

Andy Elvey <neptune.poseidon789@gmail.com>
Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for x86 code-generator for Small-C neptune.poseidon789@gmail.com (Andy Elvey) (2010-09-26)
Re: Looking for x86 code-generator for Small-C gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2010-09-29)
Re: Looking for x86 code-generator for Small-C FredJScipione@alum.RPI.edu (Fred J. Scipione) (2010-09-29)
Re: Looking for x86 code-generator for Small-C ArarghMail009@Arargh.com (2010-09-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Andy Elvey <neptune.poseidon789@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:14:27 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 28 Sep 2010 22:53:24 EDT

Hi all -
  I'm a first-timer here and just getting into some assembly coding and
poking around with compilers as well. Anyway, I've downloaded the
well-known Small-C compiler but have found that the code-generators
included with it are *very* old (for 8080, Vax and so on).
  So, I was wondering - does anyone know of someone who may have
updated this compiler to generate code for x86? I did a search of this
group just before joining, and although I saw a couple of "updated
Small-C" topics, they were for Motorola processors.
    Doing a code-generator myself looks out of my league. I can
understand assembly in "small pieces" (as in a bootloader), but doing
a code-generator looks like a "very big ask".
    So, if anyone knows of an x86 code-gen for Small-C, then I'd love to
know about it! If it's public-domain, that's even better (my little
Small-C project is P.D., as Small-C itself is, and I'm a keen P.D.
weenie... :) )
    Thanks for your time -
- Andy