|Seed7 Release 2010-08-22 email@example.com (tm) (2010-08-22)|
|Date:||Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:38:19 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||22 Aug 2010 22:14:31 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100822.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A new example program (dragon.sd7), which draws a dragon curve, was
- A new example program (fractree.sd7), which draws a fractal tree,
- The chapters explaining the types 'time' and 'duration' in the
manual were improved.
- The '-' function, which computes the differance of two 'time'
values (with a 'duration' result) in "time.s7i", was improved.
- The functions 'daysInYear', 'getYears', 'getMonths', 'getDays',
'getHours', 'getMinutes', 'getSeconds' and 'getMycroSeconds' were
added to the "time.s7i" library.
- The "time.s7i" functions 'years', 'months', 'days', 'hours',
'minutes', 'seconds' and 'mycro_seconds' were renamed to 'toYears',
'toMonths', 'toDays', 'toHours', 'toMinutes', 'toSeconds' and
- The "bas7.sd7" example program was improved to use the new
- The makefiles were improved to determine the size and the
signedness (regarding the function 'localtime') of time_t values.
- The functions 'timToTimestamp' and 'timSetLocalTZ' in "tim_rtl.c"
were improved to take the size and signedness of time_t into
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.