Calculating resulting types of expressions

Detlef Meyer-Eltz <>
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:47:16 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Calculating resulting types of expressions (Detlef Meyer-Eltz) (2010-08-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Detlef Meyer-Eltz <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:47:16 +0200
Posted-Date: 19 Aug 2010 14:17:51 EDT

Last year I presented a small series of videos about an automated
translator from Java to C++. This translator wasn't able to calculate
the resulting type of expressions. Now there is an additional video
which demonstrates how such calculations are done at a translator from
Delphi to C++.

By use of this type information the conversion of special language
constructs can be done very precisely and the amount of necessary
postprocessing of the output language is minimal.

The video is based on the real TextTransformer project, by which the
program "Delphi2Cpp" was made.

TextTransformer is a parser generator IDE

The video and the program descriptions exist in German too:

BTW: I'm thinking about to make another Delphi converter, either to
Java or to C#. What do you think might have better market
opportunities? I'm also interested in suggestions for other

Detlef Meyer-Eltz