Re: Compiling C++ Templates as opposed to Preprocessing them.

mac <alex.colvin@valley.net>
Sat, 31 Jul 2010 01:52:26 +0000 (UTC)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiling C++ Templates as opposed to Preprocessing them. seimarao@gmail.com (Seima Rao) (2010-07-27)
Re: Compiling C++ Templates as opposed to Preprocessing them. alex.colvin@valley.net (mac) (2010-07-31)
Re: Compiling C++ Templates as opposed to Preprocessing them. zaimoni@zaimoni.com (Kenneth 'Bessarion' Boyd) (2010-08-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mac <alex.colvin@valley.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 01:52:26 +0000 (UTC)
Posted-Date: 31 Jul 2010 16:50:08 EDT

Seima Rao <seimarao@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can readers of this forum advise on whether it would be
> fruitful to consider compiling C++ templates

A follow-on question (or rant):

Is there trace/debug support for templates. The last time I wrote one
there were plenty of "how did I get *that*"? Debugging consisted of
manually emulating the compiler - nof easy in C++.
Another issue was the awful error reporting. Any error message involving
strings was several lines long, beginning with the fully expanded
template.

I haven't used C++ lately, so I hope things have improved.

--
mac the naC/f