LRGEN 9.0: fast LALR parser generator

"Paul B Mann" <paul@paulbmann.com>
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:26:26 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LRGEN 9.0: fast LALR parser generator paul@paulbmann.com (Paul B Mann) (2010-07-30)
Re: LRGEN 9.0: fast LALR parser generator paul@paulbmann.com (Paul Mann) (2010-07-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Paul B Mann" <paul@paulbmann.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:26:26 -0500
Posted-Date: 30 Jul 2010 10:49:15 EDT

Hi,

The LRGEN 9.0 is now available for free at:

CompilerWare: http://compilerware.com

LRGEN is an LALR parser generator which creates very-fast parsers in
C/C++, 2 times the speed of yacc parsers. Includes the DFAC lexer
generator which creates DFA lexers, 2 times the speed of flex lexers.
Includes compiler front-end source code in C/C++, portable to Linux,
UNIX, MacOS and others (may require some minor modifications).

LRGEN reads TBNF grammar notation, which is very powerful for defining
compiler front-ends. It creates compressed matrix parser tables for
high-performance parsing (500,000 lines per second or more). It
creates parsers that build an abstract- syntax tree (AST)
automatically. It creates small parsers for LALR(1) computer
languages. It is capable of building parsers from grammars that have
70,000 rules or more.

20 BNF grammar are also available on the website for FREE, including:
Cobol 85, Visual Basic, Fortran 77, CICS, PL./I, PL/M, C, Pascal, Modula-2,
Ada, SQL, dBASE and Zeus.

LRGEN can do LR(1) grammar analysis now, but not LR(1) parsers yet. I'm
working on that.

Also download the DFAC lexer generator. It's free too.

These products run on Window 32-bit machines and work very well with
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008.

A Linux version may be available in the future if there is sufficient
interest.
Comments are welcome.

Paul B Mann
http://compilerware.com