Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc

George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
Wed, 26 May 2010 18:21:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc paktsardines@gmail.com (Pakt) (2010-05-17)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc kevinlynx@gmail.com (Kevin Lynx) (2010-05-20)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2010-05-21)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc paktsardines@gmail.com (Pakt) (2010-05-24)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc gone_pecan@nowhere.net (Bruce C. Baker) (2010-05-26)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2010-05-26)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2010-05-27)
Re: Please assist: if/else condition problem with lex/yacc gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2010-06-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:21:24 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 May 2010 10:08:05 EDT

On Mon, 24 May 2010 19:40:54 -0700 (PDT), Pakt
<paktsardines@gmail.com> wrote:

>does anyone have any helpful, straightforward links to pass on

Just about any book on compilers or language construction (SICP, EOPL,
etc.) will have a section about intermediate representation (IR) and
will cover ASTs and their use. But if you're specifically looking for
on-line resources:

Niklaus Wirth, "Compiler Construction", 3rd ed.,
http://www-old.oberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/CBEAll.pdf

Torben Mogensen, "Basics of Compiler Design",
http://www.diku.dk/hjemmesider/ansatte/torbenm/Basics/

P.D. Terry, "Compilers and Compiler Generators",
http://scifac.ru.ac.za/compilers/

"Engineering a Compiler". I'm not sure who to attribute this to,
there is no face page in the PDF. It is *not* Cooper & Torczon which
is available (but not free) as an ebook. It appears to be a fairly
decent intro text.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/6b2edf7d-fc7a-4950-8b84-6a9de5a23858/Engineering-a-compiler
If somebody knows who authored this work, please tell me.

These are all intro to intermediate level compiler texts that should
get you started.

George
[The PDF appears to be a copy of the unedited MSS for Cooper and Torczon, "Engineering
a Compiler", Morgan Kaufman, 2004. I found it by typing the first sentence of Chapter 1
into Google Books. They would doubtless prefer that people buy a legal copy of the
book, which is better than the MSS due to the excellent editors at Morgan Kaufman.
Follow this link and comp.compilers gets the referral fee:
http://net.gurus.org/bk/a/155860698X -John]