|Seed7 Release 2010-05-16 email@example.com (tm) (2010-05-16)|
|Date:||Sun, 16 May 2010 13:30:12 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||16 May 2010 20:57:25 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100516.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Seed7 now supports the 64-bit versions of Linux and Mac OS X. Many
thanks to "Mensanator" for his help to reach this goal.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate C programs with
fewer casts and with no parentheses around the right hand side of
- The compiler was improved to use the hash 'typeCategory' and
'category' values instead of various hashes like 'bigint_types'.
- The functions 'compare' and 'hashCode' were added to the
"complex.s7i" library to allow complex numbers as keys for hash
- The "progs.s7i" library was improved to allow 'case' statements
for 'category' values.
- The FAQ, explaining function and operator overloading, was
- The "chk_all.sd7" example program was improved to remove an old
executable before calling the compiler.
- The 'gets' function for UTF-8 files was improved to work correctly
when reading from a pipe (see functions 'ut8Gets',
'read_and_alloc_utf8_stri' and 'read_utf8_string' in "ut8_rtl.c").
- The functions 'remainingBytesInFile', 'read_string',
'read_and_alloc_stri' and 'filGets' in "fil_rtl.c" were added or
- The macros 'ALLOC_STRI' and 'REALLOC_STRI' and the functions
'growStri', 'strMult', 'filGets', 'ut8Gets' and 'socGets' were
improved to avoid overflows when the size of a memory request is
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.