Business of Compilers

Seima Rao <seimarao@gmail.com>
Sun, 16 May 2010 02:03:08 +0530

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Business of Compilers seimarao@gmail.com (Seima Rao) (2010-05-16)
Re: Business of Compilers walter@bytecraft.com (Walter Banks) (2010-05-16)
Re: Business of Compilers jgd@cix.compulink.co.uk (2010-05-16)
Re: Business of Compilers cr88192@hotmail.com (BGB / cr88192) (2010-05-16)
Re: Business of Compilers tc@cs.bath.ac.uk (Tom Crick) (2010-05-16)
Re: Business of Compilers cr88192@hotmail.com (BGB / cr88192) (2010-05-17)
Re: Business of Compilers jeremy.wright@microfocus.com (Jeremy Wright) (2010-05-18)

From: Seima Rao <seimarao@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 02:03:08 +0530
Posted-Date: 16 May 2010 01:51:57 EDT

Hi,

        Twenty years ago, there was buzz surrounding compilers in the ISV segment.

        I am eager to know what business opportunities are available in the field
        of compiler technology nowadays. Is it possible to run a company
        purely by selling compiler technology? How sustainable would be
        such an enterprise? What compiler products can possible be sold
        these days?

Sincerely,
Seima Rao.
[There seems to be a lot of compiler activity in India, less here in the US. I can
think of a few standalone compiler tech companies that have been around for a while,
but no new ones. Perhaps people in the biz can comment. -John]