|Seed7 Release 2010-05-02 email@example.com (tm) (2010-05-02)|
|Date:||Sun, 2 May 2010 13:25:37 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||02 May 2010 22:35:42 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100502.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The "chk_all.sd7" example program was improved to write detailed
information when tests fail.
- The "shell.s7i" library was improved such that 'popen' behaves
correctly when the created pipe is closed with 'close'.
- The compiler and the runtime library were improved to use the
correct exeption handling function in compiled and interpreded code
(When the compiled compiler analyzes a source program the
interpreter will execute some expressions).
- The macro processing of the compiler was improved to work better
for function macros.
- The functions seekFileLength, offsetTell, offsetSeek,
getBigFileLengthUsingSeek, filBigLng, filBigSeek, filBigTell,
filClose, filGets, filPclose, filSeek and filTell in "fil_rtl.c"
were added or improved. This way the types integer and offsettype
both can have a size of 32- or 64-bit in any combination.
- The function ut8Gets in "ut8_rtl.c" was improved to use
- The makefiles "mk_osx.mak", "mk_linux.mak", "mk_cygw.mak" and
"makefile" were improved to define USE_FSEEKO. This causes the use
of 'fseeko' and 'ftello' as seek and tell functions in "fil_rtl.c".
- Support for the actions BST_CMP, BST_HASHCODE and FIL_PCLOSE was
added to the interpreter and the compiler.
- The handling of types in the compiler was improved such that
subtypes of 'boolean', 'enum', 'integer', 'bigInteger', 'float',
'char', 'string' and 'bstring' are supported better.
- A definition of the type 'bstring' was added to the "progs.s7i"
- The compiler and the interpreter were improved to support 'bstring'
as key and value for hash tables and 'ref_list' as value for hash
- A definition of an assignment statement for exceptions was added to
the "seed7_05.s7i" library.
- Tests for the integer parse function were added to "chkint.sd7".
- The config value LITTLE_ENDIAN was renamed to LITTLE_ENDIAN_INTTYPE
in several files.
- The compiler was improved to use the functions bstriLiteral and
typeLiteral to write occurrences of 'bstring' and 'type' literals
to the generated C program.
- The compiler was improved to create prototypes for the functions
bstCmp, bstCmpGeneric, bstCreateGeneric, bstHashCode, bstValue,
drwGenPointList, filClose, filPclose, rflCreateGeneric and typStr.
- The function rflCmp was added to "rfl_data.c".
- The handling of the flag FTELL_WRONG_FOR_PIPE was moved from
"cmd_rtl.c" to "fil_rtl.c".
- Usages of the constant ULONG_MAX were replaced by UINTTYPE_MAX in
the files "flt_rtl.c", "int_rtl.c" and "int_rtl.h".
- The function drwGenPointList was changed to use an array parameter
in "drwlib.c", "drw_drv.h", "drw_win.c", "drw_x11.c" and
- The processing of bstParse, bstValue, drwPFArcPieSlice, setSConv,
typStr and array cpy_* in the compiler was improved.
- The const qualifier was added to function prototypes in
"rfl_data.c" and "rfl_data.h".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.