|Seed7 Release 2010-04-18 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2010-04-18)|
|Date:||Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:26:49 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||20 Apr 2010 19:08:53 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100418.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Many thanks to "Mensanator" for his help to debug some
64-bit / Mac OS X problems.
- The chapters explaining operating system files, primitive actions
and the types 'float' and 'type' in the manual were improved.
- A free list memory management for small 'biginttype' (bigInteger)
values was introduced in "big_rtl.c". This improves the performance
of some programs by up to 40 percent.
- The macro definition of REALLOC_BIG in "big_rtl.c" was changed to
cooperate with the free list memory management.
- The file common.h was improved to add a capacity to the struct
- The graph.s7i library was improved.
- The chk_all.sd7 example program was improved to close the pipe
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to handle empty structs
- The compiler was improved to produce better code when local
functions use variables from surrounding functions.
- Some changes in the compiler were done to make sure that always the
same C program is generated.
- The compiler was changed to create a typedef before a type is used.
- The compiler was improved to create data structure definitions
which are helpful for a debugger.
- The compiler was improved to produce better code for the copy
actions arr_cpy, big_cpy, bst_cpy, drw_cpy, prg_cpy, rfl_cpy,
sct_cpy, set_cpy and str_cpy.
- The compiler was improved to produce better code for the actions
prc_for_to, prc_for_downto, hsh_for, hsh_for_data_key, hsh_for_key.
- Casts were added to compiler generated function calls of bstCreate,
bstDestr, bstCpy, arrBaselit, arrBaselit2, arrExtend, arrGen,
drwFPolyLine, drwPolyLine, prgExec, rflHead, setSConv, prgDestr and
to various other places.
- The compiler was improved to create prototypes for the functions
bigGcd, bigOdd, bigPredTemp, bigSuccTemp, cmdChdir, cmdConfigValue,
cmdMkdir, drwBackground, drwGenPointList, drwNewPixmap,
drwPolyLine, drwFPolyLine, drwSetTransparentColor, prgDestr,
prgExec, refType, rflHead, setIConv, setSConv, strGetenv,
strToUtf8, strUtf8ToStri and setupFloat.
- The function ref_type in "reflib.c" was improved to reliably raise
an exception when the type is NULL.
- Unused variables were removed in the files cards.s7i, draw.s7i,
gzip.s7i, seed7_05.s7i, addup.sd7, bas7.sd7, carddemo.sd7,
carddemo.sd7, chk_all.sd7, comanche.sd7, comp.sd7, lander.sd7,
mahjong.sd7, mandelbr.sd7, panic.sd7, sl.sd7, snake.sd7,
sokoban.sd7, sudoku7.sd7 and tar7.sd7 .
- Return statements were changed to omit parentheses in the files
actutl.c, analyze.c, bst_rtl.c, dir_dos.c, dir_rtl.c, dir_win.c,
drw_rtl.c, fil_rtl.c, flt_rtl.c, hsh_rtl.c, kbd_inf.c, kbd_poll.c,
kbd_rtl.c, reflib.c, rfl_data.c, soc_rtl.c, tim_rtl.c and
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.