|Seed7 Release 2010-04-04 email@example.com (tm) (2010-04-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:29:41 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Apr 2010 01:52:03 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100404.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Many thanks to "Mensanator" for his help to investigate 64-bit and
Mac OS X problems.
- The chk_all.sd7 check program was improved to check that the
interpreted compiler and the compiled compiler generate the same
- Checks for 'set of char' were added to the "chkset.sd7" program.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) and the interpreter (hi) were improved to
support the actions BST_EQ, BST_NE and BST_PARSE.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to support the actions
BST_APPEND and CHR_CMP.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to make sure that the same
types are used in generated C programs and in the runtime library.
- The generation of string constants in the compiler was improved to
work correctly when the string size is stored as 64-bit unsigned
- The generation of set constants in the compiler was improved to
work correctly when bitsettype elements have a size of 64-bit.
- The compiler was improved to use the union type 'valueunion'
instead of 'float2int'.
- The functions arrBaselit, arrBaselit2, arrExtend and arrGen in
"arr_rtl.c" were changed to use parameters of type rtlGenerictype
instead of rtlObjecttype.
- The functions bigCmpGeneric, chrCmpGeneric, fltCmpGeneric,
intCmpGeneric, refCmpGeneric, setCmpGeneric, strCmpGeneric and
typCmpGeneric were introduced as compare functions with parameters
of type rtlGenerictype.
- The functions bst_append, bst_cpy, bstAppend and bstCpy (defined
in "bstlib.c" and "bst_rtl.c") were improved to work correctly when
source and destination are identical.
- The function cmdConfigValue in "cmd_rtl.c" was improved to support
the config values INTTYPE_SIZE, FLOATTYPE_SIZE and LITTLE_ENDIAN.
- Several makefiles were changed to define FLOAT_SIZE, DOUBLE_SIZE
- The functions bigCreateGeneric, intCreateGeneric, drwCreateGeneric,
setCreateGeneric and strCreateGeneric were introduced as create
functions with a parameter and a result of type rtlGenerictype.
- The function intDestrGeneric was introduced as destroy function
with a parameter of type rtlGenerictype.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.