|Seed7 Release 2010-03-21 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2010-03-21)|
|Date:||Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:38:28 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||22 Mar 2010 21:04:26 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100321.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Many thanks to "Mensanator" for his help to investigate the
problems Seed7 had on his 64 Bit Mac OS computer. Many of the
improvements towards support of 64 Bit systems and Mac OS X result
from his help (see below). Note that this release does not support
64 Bit systems out of the box, but it certainly is a milestone to
reach this goal.
- The FAQ, how to compile the interpreter, was improved.
- The file "read_me" was improved to explain compilation under Linux
and to refer to "src/read_me.txt" for other operating systems.
- An explanation how to compile under Mac OS X was added to
- An explanation how to correct a make error and a linker error was
added to "src/read_me.txt".
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improve to use the function
"integerLiteral" and to produce C code with more casts and an
improved helemlist type.
- The prototype definitions for gkbKeyPressed, kbdKeyPressed,
prgSysvar, refItftosct and typValue generated by "comp.sd7" were
- All usages of '8 * sizeof(bigdigittype)' as shift count in
"big_rtl.c" were replaced by 'BIGDIGIT_SIZE'.
- The makefiles and common.h were changed to make sure that
int32type, uint32type, int64type and uint64type have the size
implied by their name.
- The files big_gmp.c, big_rtl.c, drw_x11.c, error.c, fatal.c,
match.c, stat.c, str_rtl.c and traceutl.c were improved to use
better formats in printf() calls.
- Errors in bigToInt32 and bigToInt64 (file "big_rtl.c"), triggered
by negative numbers when BIGDIGIT_SIZE is less than 32 and 64
respectively, were fixed.
- The function cmdConfigValue in "cmd_rtl.c" was improved to make
sure that the same types are used in the interpreter and in the
compiler (by providing an interface to INT32TYPE, UINT32TYPE,
INT64TYPE, UINT64TYPE, INT32TYPE_LITERAL_SUFFIX,
INT64TYPE_LITERAL_SUFFIX and POINTER_SIZE).
- The chkbig.sd7 program was improved with checks for the functions
'ord' and 'bigInteger conv'.
- The chkint.sd7 program was improved with checks for powers of 2
and with more checks for the functions 'str' and 'integer conv'.
- The file "common.h" was improved to define several types and
constants for integers of different sizes.
- The system to define the (text) screen and keybord driver was
improved to work without the file "inf_conf.h".
- The keyboard driver "kbd_inf.c" was improved to define the
functions return_char_if_present(), consume_chars_present() (which
both encapsulate calls of "tcsetattr") and key_table_init().
- A new keyboard driver "kbd_poll.c", which can be used when
"tcsetattr" does not work correctly (e.g. under Mac OS X and
Cygwin), was added.
- The makefiles "mk_osx.mak" and "mk_cygw.mak" were improved to use
- The interpreter option -v was improved to write the line numbers
of all lines processed (changes in "option.h").
- Changes in "arrlib.c" were done to reduce the number of warnings
generated by the C compiler.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.