|Seed7 Release 2010-02-07 email@example.com (tm) (2010-02-07)|
|Date:||Sun, 7 Feb 2010 15:26:39 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||10 Feb 2010 11:02:27 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100207.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to support source level
debugging with the option '-g' (comp.sd7 generates C programs with
'#line' directives and the C compiler is called with a
corresponding debugging option).
- An explaination what happens when an exception is not catched, was
added to the FAQ.
- The chapter in the manual, which explains a stack trace, was
- The flag 'mayRaiseRangeError' was added to the "bigint.s7i" library
to describe that 'ord(bigInteger)' may raise RANGE_ERROR.
- The 'set of' type in "seed7_05.s7i" was improved to use
'HASHSET_OF' instead of 'BITSET_OF' when 'mayRaiseRangeError' is
defined for 'ord'.
- The function 'getBits' was renamed to 'getBitsLe' in "gzip.s7i"
('Le' describes that the bits are read in little endian order).
- A '=' operator was defined for 'HASHSET_OF' in "seed7_05.s7i".
- The 'strifile' functions 'getwd' and 'getln' were added to
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program was improved.
- The compiler was improved to create executables where the message
about an uncaught exception uses the file and line of the raise
- Several improvements in the compiler were done to call special case
functions for bigInteger operations.
- The experimental compiler option -e was introduced to send a signal
when an exception occurs.
- The compiler was improved to write a message when it cannot remove
the old executable.
- Several makefiles and the function 'cmdConfigValue' in "cmd_rtl.c"
were improved to define CC_OPT_DEBUG_INFO and LINKER_OPT_DEBUG_INFO
and to rename INHIBIT_C_WARNINGS to CC_OPT_NO_WARNINGS.
- The function 'bigZero', which initializes bigInteger variables with
zero, was added to "big_rtl.c" and "big_gmp.c".
- The function 'bigNe' was removed from "big_rtl.c" and "big_gmp.c"
(compiler and interpreter were changed to use a negation of "bigEq"
- The function 'bigMultSignedDigit' was added to "big_rtl.c" and
- A call of 'mpz_init' was added to the function 'bigImport' in
- The 'normalize' function in "big_rtl.c" was improved to avoid
resizing bigInteger values.
- The interpreter was improved such that the appearance of a stack
trace is more like the one produced by a debugger.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.