Compiler positions available for week ending January 10

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
10 Jan 2010 08:59:40 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 10 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2010-01-10)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 10 compilers-jobs@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (1993-01-10)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 10 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1999-01-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Jan 2010 08:59:40 -0000
Posted-Date: 11 Jan 2010 10:53:56 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:00:18 -0800
Subject: Compiler tools job at Fortify Software (San Mateo CA)
From: Rick McPhee <rmcphee@fortify.com>

Company Overview

Fortify Software protects organizations from cyber-threats to their
digital assets by ensuring that their software systems are secure. Our
600+ customers include the largest financial institutions in the
world, the military, major government agencies, software vendors and
e-commerce providers.

Headquartered in San Mateo, we are backed by Kleiner, Perkins,
Caufield, & Byers - one of the world9s leading venture capital firms,
responsible for building household names like AOL, Amazon, Sun and
Google. We are profitable, growing and led by a seasoned management
team that has successfully launched dozens of products and companies.

We are currently looking for a Static Analysis Engineer to develop static
analysis products. If you9re interested in security and want to work with a
passionate and energetic team backed by a world-class group of experts from
industry and academia, this is your chance.

Responsibilities

7 Develop, maintain, and improve static analysis algorithms that find
real security vulnerabilities in real code using advanced principles,
theories, and concepts.
7 Improve the precision and scalability of Fortify's analysis
algorithms.
7 Design and implement automatic test/verification frameworks to
ensure the quality and correctness of Fortify's analysis algorithms.
7 Work with customers to understand production use of the product and
understand advanced functionality requirements.

Qualifications

7 Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
experience.
7 Outstanding coding skills, using advanced algorithms and data
structures, in developing Java, C#, C/C++ and other enterprise code.
7 Experience with programming languages, compilers, static analysis or
development tools.
7 Understanding of modern development practices and third-party
components.
7 Experience or keen interest in software security vulnerabilities and
other code-level defects.
7 Strong verbal and written communication skills.

How to Apply

To be considered for a position, please submit your resume/CV on
jobs@fortify.com. Domestic relocation assistance and visa sponsorship
may be provided for exceptional candidates.
Fortify Software, Inc. staffing professionals will review your
qualifications against open positions.

Equal Employment Opportunity

Fortify Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes
diversity.