Eliminate break/continue statements in loops

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_Lei=DFa?= <roland.leissa@googlemail.com>
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 04:32:13 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Eliminate break/continue statements in loops roland.leissa@googlemail.com (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_Lei=DFa?=) (2009-12-07)
Re: Eliminate break/continue statements in loops martin@gkc.org.uk (Martin Ward) (2009-12-09)
Re: Eliminate break/continue statements in loops scooter.phd@gmail.com (scooter.phd@gmail.com) (2009-12-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_Lei=DFa?= <roland.leissa@googlemail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 04:32:13 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 08 Dec 2009 21:36:31 EST

Hi,

I am currently working on a optimization algorithm. So far it works on
simple programs with a linear control flow, if-else-constructs, simple
while loops and simple do-while loops. The constructs may be nested.
With a simple loop I mean a loop which does not make use of continue,
break or even goto.

I know that irreducible CFGs can be transformed to reducible ones by
node splitting. So I don't have to worry about cross edges if I
implement that. But my question is whether there has been done some
research to eliminate continue and break statements out of loops so an
equivalent program results which does only make use of simple loops.

Thanks in advance,
Roland Lei_a